Get Help Now:

H-Visa Categories

H-Visa Categories

For professionals, skilled and specialty workers

Serving San Antonio, Austin and McAllen, Texas

To attract a wide variety of skilled workers into the United States on a temporary basis, U.S. Customs and Immigration Services issues several different “H” visas. These documents are meant for skilled or specialized workers whose services are required by U.S.-based employers for a fixed period of time. Over the past two decades, our dedicated team of professional H-visa lawyers has helped hundreds of satisfied clients.

H-Visas Are Highly Competitive

Depending upon the type of “H” visa that a given worker obtains, he or she may be able to work in the United States for as long as six years without being asked to return home or apply for permanent residency. However, these visas are extremely popular. In particular, the number of H-1B visas that USCIS issues is tightly controlled.

Even highly-skilled workers may be forced to wait for years before being given the go-ahead to obtain one of these visas. Since business opportunities often can’t wait for paperwork mistakes and regulatory holdups to be corrected, it is crucial to retain a competent H-visa attorney who will fight hard to obtain the proper entry credentials for you.

Types of H-Visas

There are several different types of H-class visas. These include:

  • H-1B Visas: These are earmarked for skilled temporary workers like architects, computer programmers, designers and others.
  • H-1A Visas: These are set aside for farm laborers and other seasonal employees.
  • H-2B Visas: These are set aside for non-agricultural workers who typically enter and exit the country within the same year.
  • H-3 Visas: These are intended for short-term training stints during which the visa holder must earn a salary or stipend.
  • H-4 Visas: These can be obtained by certain relatives and dependents of qualifying H-visa holders.

Requirements for H-Visa Holders

Certain caveats apply to most H-class visa holders. For starters, these visas are available to individuals who have been sponsored by their employers. Most workers obtain these visas through their employers rather than on their own. In addition, H-1B visa holders must have several additional qualifications:

  • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
  • Adequate compensation that conforms to U.S. industry standards
  • Experience or educational credentials in their field

Get Assistance From the Gutierrez Law Firm

The passionate H-visa attorneys at the Gutierrez Law Firm strive to execute our clients’ visa requests promptly and accurately. With over 25 years of experience in the field of immigration law, our H-visa lawyers can offer turn-by-turn guidance through the visa application process. We welcome any clients who require H-class visas for themselves or their colleagues.

To learn more about the visa application process, contact our H-visa attorneys at 210.225.7114.

Free Consultation Call Now!